The days of telemarketing, radio, Yellow Pages, cold calling, radio, and TV commercials are long gone. Nowadays, savvy property managers are turning to digital marketing strategies to market their investment properties.
While online marketing can appear daunting, the amount of potential it can have on your property management business can be astonishing. It can help you increase revenues by making you stand out from your competition, penetrate new markets, and generate high-converting leads.
What’s even better, you don’t even need a huge budget to do so.
Today, we’ll show you the various strategies you can implement to start getting new clients for your property management business.
1. Understand how keyword marketing works.
Every time your prospective client is using a search engine like Google, they use certain phrases. These phrases are what are referred to as keywords. These keywords help search engines match your search queries to the relevant results.
As a digital marketer, knowing what your clients are searching for online can prove extremely beneficial for your business. This is because you can use that information to target those specific keywords.
That’s why, in this day and age, it’s important that you create a properly optimized website for your property management company.
2. Understand what you are up against.
Once you have done your research on what keywords to target, turn your focus to your competition. Find out what they are doing to help you understand what is working for them.
When examining your competition, ask yourself the following questions:
- What seems to be doing well for them in the search engine area?
- Are they active on social media?
- How optimized is their blog content or website?
- Do they have a presence on YouTube? If so, how active are they?
- What kind of clients are they targeting?
Asking yourself these questions can help you understand how strong your competition is and what gaps they haven’t filled so you can fill those.
3. Write good content.
Content is king. And while it may sound cliché, good quality content is always the key to running an effective digital marketing campaign.
So, come up with high quality, informative and engaging content for the audience you’re targeting. In other words, write content that people will want to read and share. This is the easiest way to becoming the go-to-guide on real estate for your customers.
The following are some tips to help you craft effective content for your readers:
- Ensure your content helps your readers find a solution to a problem they have.
- Focus on the needs of your audience, avoid making it all about yourself and your brand.
- Build authority by offering informative and original content.
- Add value to your audience. If you offer them what they came looking for, odds are they will return for more.
You have two options when it comes to coming up with high-quality content. To write the content yourself or to outsource it elsewhere. If you can write it yourself, then great! It’ll save you some money. However, just make sure you are good at it, else it may do more harm than good.
But if you decide to outsource it, make sure to hire someone that understands the subject matter properly.
4. Promote your content.
No one is going to read your content if they don’t know it exists in the first place. So, once you have the content, you need to go all-in on promoting it.
There are a couple of strategies that you can employ. They include:
- Sharing your posts on social media.
- Reaching out to the real estate blogging community.
- Guest posting to sites that are related to yours.
When executed properly, content marketing can help you outperform your competition by a huge margin.
5. Optimize your content for search engines.
You can have the best brand name, craft amazing content, and offer industry-best services. However, without optimizing your website, all your efforts could prove futile as your online audience may be left out.
The only way to get your website in front of your online audience is by optimizing your content for search engines. Search engine optimization ranking (SEO) basically involves:
- Finding the right keywords for your property management business
- Optimizing your website for those keywords
- Building backlinks to your content
If you’re still green when it comes to SEO, it may be best to just hire a professional.
6. Focus on offering the best user experience.
There are certain metrics search engines like Google use to decide whether to rank a website highly or not. Some of these metrics include:
- Whether your site has original content
- Whether there are 404 errors
- How mobile-friendly your site is
- How quickly your site loads
- How users navigate on your website
Your local SEO expert should be able to give you the appropriate advice.
There you have it. 6 digital marketing strategies for property managers. Focusing on these should help you bring more business to your property management business.