Website layout

Home Forums Marketing and Sales Web Design Website layout

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    derrick
    Participant

I think that the way a website is laid out, to a great extent, determines the kind of traffic that will be directed to your website. In a way, I think the design comes first, before the content. In terms of digital strategy, how can this balance be achieved?

stanley
    Participant

I think the design should represent what you are selling and appeal to your buyers. It should be simple and not too busy. I’ve seen too many sites that are so busy you don’t know where to look first. Visitors to your website don’t want to have to dig through page after page looking for what they want.

Quake
    Participant

I think it’s best to keep the index page straight to the point with glorious design. I usually ask myself whether I want to make the page like a portfolio or just put texts in organized ways. There are many sample templates online to use as examples.

derrick
    Participant

I agree that the design should appeal to your buyers and not be too busy. It is much easier going to a website and accessing content quite easily as opposed to digging through so as to find information.

Seth
    Participant

Reading through this thread, I’m starting to wonder if my website is set up the right way to maximize the traffic that comes to my site. I guess it’s time to re-evaluate my site design.

Siri
    Participant

There are some websites out there that have garish designs that just scream ‘I don’t care about you or what you want, I just want to make a buck off you so click here!’ I think if you’re really serious about making money in the long term site design has to be very well thought out.

derrick
    Participant

I agree with all of you. Have you ever been to a website that had so many other ads with no relationship whatsoever to the main site? It’s really annoying when you are trying to browse through a website and all these ads keep coming up. I prefer a website that doesn’t have so many distractions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This