Target audience

Home Forums Marketing and Sales Sales Target audience

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Quake 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Quake
    Participant

What would be the ideal way to define and reach our target audience? We can’t always go meet them face-to-face, but even social networks have their limitations. What other possible ways can we explore?

Siri
    Participant

I think that your best bet would be to hyper-segment your target audience and then get networking. Use social media and traditional media. There are small firms, radio and printed press that offer really valuable media opportunities. Failing that, try guerrilla tactics…

Anonymous

Use market research data for both. There are firms where that’s all they do….they find target audiences for businesses that sell products and they also find out how you can market to them in the most effective ways.

Quake
    Participant

@siri, what do you mean by traditional media? I can only think about newspapers or magazines, for example. Stepping there may be a jump too high for new groups, though. I wonder if it costs a lot to get help from such firms.

PamG
    Participant

I know a Realtor who does it the really old-fashioned method of going door-to-door, and he actually gets the results. He swears by it. He says people remember him, that he brought them a small gift, and because they have met him personally, he is their go-to person.

eustace
    Participant

I agree with @siri about hyper-segmenting your target audience because this helps with deciding the best way to reach them. My take on traditional media is that it is inexpensive?

Quake
    Participant

If I read correctly, hyper-segmenting means that we should narrow down the possible consumers and reach out in individual or small group means. Another article mentions that there is a danger of hyper targeting, in which our target is too specific that it hurts our goals.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This