Real Estate Investment Groups

Home Forums General Real Estate in General Real Estate Investment Groups

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eustace 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

derrick
    Participant

If you do not want to go through the hassle of being a landlord, these groups may be the solution for you. What happens is that a company buys or builds apartment blocks, then allows investors to buy them through the company. Isn’t it much more convenient to let someone else handle the management and maintenance aspects?

eustace
    Participant

I agree that it is much more convenient letting someone else handle the management aspects. What I know about real estate investment groups is they are of many types. Some are for the experienced investors whereas others are for those starting out, with not so much money to invest. All the same, the pooling together allows every other individual to have a share of the cake.

stanley
    Participant

I know someone that invested in one of these real estate investment groups’ buildings and it went bankrupt within a year. Someone inside was using the money for himself. There was a big court battle over the rest of the money. It was not pleasant and makes me shy away from anything like that.

Anonymous

Stanley, that’s a great example of how too many cooks ruin the soup. I’m not a fan of this type of business structure and I certainly wouldn’t want to rent from one. Way too impersonal for my taste.

eustace
    Participant

I can only imagine the kind of anguish someone goes through when it turns out that there are insincere elements in such groups. Home ownership is one of those things I am very careful about. I have seen people rush into making decisions that have led to serious repurcussions that may leave long-term effects plus we all know how court cases can become protracted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This