Presentation

Home Forums Marketing and Sales Sales Presentation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you have any tips on making a successful presentation? This is one of the scariest moment during a business, in my opinion, because impression is very important. Sometimes we don’t have time to prepare well and we just need to seize the chance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hone your public speaking skills if you haven’t already. Even if you’re giving a presentation to only 5 people, you are on the spot and the center of attention. Most people, present company included, can’t handle that. They freeze up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Brogan. You’re right. Sometimes even when we are on a one-on-one conversation, it can also be a chance for networking and marketing. Does the old method of speaking in front of the mirror still work? I usually practice with my friends or family members to boost my confidence.

derrick
    Participant

Making presentations still challenges me to date. I think it is not any different whether it is being done to 5 or 100 people. I believe it gets better with time but I think preparation is very important. I have never tried practising in front of a mirror. Does it really work?

Quake
    Participant

I try to talk in a broader way about any topics (not just marketing), providing insights from many point of views. I find it quite helpful when I talk about specific product later, as I learn to balance the consumer’s opinion and mine as the seller.

eustace
    Participant

I remember attending a certain presentation and what the speaker did was first capture our attention by speaking on a wide range of topics before introducing the main subject. I also agree with Quake’s idea of incorporating the customer’s opinion. You definitely do not want to isolate the customer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m practicing on how to give examples or metaphors people can relate to. It seems easier to get the logic across with comparisons. It’s also a proof of how well-informed someone is, which leaves a better overall impression during the presentation.

eustace
    Participant

One thing I sometimes struggle with is stage fright. I know that it doesn’t look good when you are making a presentation but lacking confidence. I am trying to work out a way of ensuring that not only are my public speaking skills excellent, but that I am always able to portray confidence and professionalism. You cannot sell the business brand if no attention is paid to personal branding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This