Engaging your audience

Home Forums Marketing and Sales Online Advertising Engaging your audience

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  derrick 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

eustace
    Participant

Have you ever been to a site and felt ignored? One of the worst thing that a company can do is ignore its audience. Another aspect of online marketing and advertising are the unfavorable and negative responses. How can a company deal with such without compromising the reputation?

Quake
    Participant

That’s definitely not an ideal thing to do, especially if we have just started the business. I think that the key is to never respond in an emotional way. We should be the logical side, and be as fair as possible to involved parties. We can’t please everyone, though.

Anonymous

Responding honestly to negative reviews, as though they are constructive criticism, is the best way to go. It’s professional and it engages the person who wrote the negative review.

stanley
    Participant

I agree Brogan. Negative reviews are sometimes a good way to see what is missing or wrong with your business. People usually criticize because they are looking for something that you don’t have or feel they are being ignored. It’s important not to take the negative reviews to heart.

Anonymous

It’s sad that some people can’t word their negative criticism with a good manner. As the service provider, we tend to be at a disadvantage because the customer is more important. I think this is where regular service surveys helps to facilitate smooth communication.

Siri
    Participant

I think it comes down to the people taking the time to get to know their audience and trying to find out what exactly it is that they want and get specific on that particular thing, and not try to be all things to all people.

Quake
    Participant

It’s ironic that most websites offering services nowadays have live chat, some boast 24-hour support, but it’s not rare to find it empty. I appreciate the good intention, though I’d rather have it the traditional, but in a timely manner. Maybe it’s better to put in effective hours too.

jackton
    Participant

My issue with most of these websites is that the 24-hour support is mostly on paper. Even what they call ‘live chats’ end up being non-functional. The customer is the lifeline of the business so negative comments and responses should be handled carefully.

stanley
    Participant

I’ve never used one of those 24 hour chat support. I thought they were intended to be answered whenever someone needs help? Are you saying that it is not 24 hours? What would be the point of advertising that if it’s not available? That’s not good for your business.

derrick
    Participant

I think that whereas customer support can be there for 24 hours, at times it takes too long for a response to be attended to. This doesn’t give the business a good image at all. It is important to walk the talk and engage your audience frequently.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This